Saturday 18 February 2017

Alphabet card

 
 
 
 Hi playmates, how is your weekend going so far?
I have managed to make a card despite the chaos
which is my craft room!
 
I make such a mess when I try to make just one
 card arghh! This week over at 'Less is More'
it's a theme and ........
 
'Alphabet'
Hmm that set the old grey cells thinking, this is
what I came up with after a while. Come and
have a quick peek. I seem to be in a green and
 blue mood today ;)
 
 
Enjoy your weekend whatever you are doing ;)
 
 
ps. Still no photo of my OH's latest model building alas,
 he hasn't finished painting it yet. Not only that he has
half built two cottages and a church now too he he!!!
 
Think he is planning a whole village at this rate!
Goodness knows where they will all live lol, they are
on the shelves of our back sun lounge for now, glad we
 have a really large shelf ! ;)
 
 
LIM, CAS, Watercolour
 
I randomly stamped and heat embossed letters on
 the topper,  thinking about it now I would use the
 letters of the recipient's name ;) I used distress  ink on
 top and a few  splashes of water. 
 
I framed the topper after realising I had stuck the
 topper on upside down  with another layer of white card
 for interest lol. I added an ombre
 sentiment and sequins and job done!
 
 
 
 
White Linen card
TH Watercolour card
Concord & 9th Sophisticated Script stamps
Neat & Tangled die
TH Distress inks
Clear Embossing ink
Wow white E/P
Neat & Tangled sequins
 
 

16 comments:

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Beautiful card, can't believe you made an error? Whatever, the end result is beautiful and what a great idea to use letters of the recipient, and a moment to realise you haven't! Another new header, - LOVE it.
Faith
x

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

That is such a great idea on using the different letters in the background. I love the pretty and airy colors you used here.

Canonbury creations said...

Love this design Viv it would be great with the letters of the recipients name. Your card looks like a summer's day!
Val x

Kathyk said...

Amazing how inventive we crafters can get! FAB card and so worth persevering!

Kathyk

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and creative idea. Love the layering of the topper LOL x Pretty colours and fabulous card x

Petra L said...

Beautiful card Viv :-)

Hugs, Petra

Viv said...

This is lovely Viv... have just realized I don't own a SINGLE alphabet stamp set!!!

Gerrina said...

Great waterolouring again! And love the bit grungy look on this one!
Curious to see your DH's houses...
Have a fun and relaxing weekend!

Kim Heggins said...

Beautiful card....love those soft and pretty colors!

Esther said...

I love the blues and greens of this card! Great idea to emboss resist lettering in the background, and the additional layer of white card works really well so it was a lucky mistake getting the topper upside down originally! Thanks for playing along with us at Less is More :)

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Viv love love the watercolour. Always perfect amount. So clever with the alphabet and the save on your card. Stunning

Christine L said...

Love the watercolouring on this gorgeous card Viv.. and what a clever idea using the alphabet in that way!!

And I did smile.... as I thought it was only me that had the 'sticking things upside down' problem!

Christine x

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Oh I do love reading your posts Viv, they always make me smile! Occupational hazard I think sticking things the wrong way up!!! BUT you've certainly pulled it off. A beautiful dreamy use of water colour and love how the letters are floating about to create your sentiment. Brilliant and as always thanks for playing with us at Less is More. Sarah x

Darnell said...

You can use these lovely soft shades of blues and greens forever as far as I'm concerned, Vee! They are my faves, too! Your card is, as always, breathtaking!! Hugs, Dee

cotnob said...

A beautiful card Viv, lovely colours and great take on the theme.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Ha! Had to giggle at your creative matting! How many times do we all do that type of thing, eh? Another stunner from you this week Viv in dreamy and watery blues and greens. Love how the script stamps really complement the font of the die. Superb! (Sorry I am so late commenting this week!) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Less is More xx

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...