Sunday 15 April 2018

The Flower Challenge #19 Reminder

Hi again, I am back with my DT reminder cards for 'The Flower Challenge'. Our theme this month is 'Shaped Cards', more info and examples on our blog. I made a couple of cards, on the first one I used an old digi image from Beccy's Place.

I was on Beccy's design team in the past and I love her digi stamps. I also added some ribbon for a change, who doesn't love a nice big bow !

I was in a 'Spring' mood making these so went with these bright fresh Spring colours. Anyway come and have a quick peek at my cards ;)

Thanks for visiting me and any comments you wish to leave and of course enjoy your week whatever you have planned ;)


Beccy's Place digi, Flower Challenge, Shaped cards
White Linen card 
Digi flowers image Beccy's Place 'Blossoms'
Spellbinders Grand Nestabilities Labels 23
Creative Expressions Caribbean Island St Kitts dies
AltENew Sketchy Florals sentiment stamp 
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Check ribbon from stash
Gamsai Tambi Watercolour paints
Dovecraft chalk
Promarker pen
Twinklets Diamond dust 


I cut my shaped card then stamped and coloured my flower image.
I fussy cut my flowers, then added some sparkle using my
Diamond dust. I attached it to my card using 3d pads. 

Then I stamped my sentiment and die cut the two layers and 
added those to my card also. I used some chalk to add a bit of 
dimension to my sentiment layer and also highlighted the edges of
the die using my Promarker pen.

After tying my large bow I attached it to my card and my card
was complete.



Twisted Easel card


White linen card
Green digi paper from Etsy
Heartfelt Creations Flowering Dogwood stamps and dies
Spellbinders Labels 20
PB sentiment stamp 'Words of Kindness'
Avery Elle Heart Frame die
Versafine Onyx Black ink
Promarkers & Copics
Dovecraft chalk
AltENew Enamel dots


I made my second card almost the same way apart from
not adding a bow and printing my digital pattern first this 
time. I printed and cut my card base, stamped, cut and coloured
my flowers and leaves. 

Stamped and cut my sentiment and 'stopper' die cut, then
added them all to my card. The heart frame die was added as
a bit of extra detail.

More chalking again on the sentiment part and then I added my
enamel dots.


  Please add our cue card below when entering our challenge.
You have until the 25th April to enter a card. 
 
 

10 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Both show stopper cards, very creative and unique. Gorgeous shape, pretty flower and fabulous bow on the first card. Stunning shape on the second and so very beautiful and love the colours you used x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I agree with MAc Mable, show stopper cards for sure.
Faith
x

sandy's crafty bits said...

wow super cards Viv ... love the fresh and bright colours and that bow is amazing ... hope you have a great week ... happy crafting and love sandy xx

Rosemary said...

both cards are real show-stoppers, viv!! love that gorgeous gingham bow on the first one!

Ericka Strange said...

Wow both of these cards have amazing shapes! Love the big bow and the flowers are so pretty.

cotnob said...

Beautiful cards Viv, they are both fabulous but I especially like the lovely fresh blues and greens on the first one,
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

Gerrina said...

Love both the so different shapes you used!
The bow looks fabalous (I never get it so straight...) and I love how the 2nd card looks so dimensional! And beautiful flowers! Hope you are enjoying the sunshine! Hugs, Gerrina

Bobby said...

Oh my, Viv, these are fantastic. It's been a long time since I made an easel card let along decorate one with so many beautiful flowers. I love the shape of the other card and the layered sentiment dies.

Aileen said...

Both of these cards are stunning Viv, you are so good at these shaped cards. I need to work on this technique I can see. Wonderful

Karen Dunbrook said...

so sorry I am late on commenting...these are both so wonderful and unique...well done mf.
xx Karen

Pinterest button

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...